Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

BID UNDER ASKING PRICE ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
letssnipe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: BID UNDER ASKING PRICE ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've lost an auction due to 'BID UNDER ASKING PRICE'. However, the auction ended at 202,01EUR while my maximum bid was set at 232 EUR. The strange thing is that gixen says the current bid is at 322,11 EUR.

What has gone wrong?

eBay Item Number: 250402481270

Thanks!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a retracted bid - look at the bid history. Someone entered a bid of 20,200 EUR, which caused the current bid to jump to 322 EUR.

Gixen then saw your bid as insufficient and never submitted it. This 20,200 EUR bid was retracted only 5 minutes before auction end.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is interesting, I was not aware that you were allowed to retract bids that late in the auction. I guess it was allowed because the bid was only entered a couple of minutes before it was retracted so eBay must allow a certain short period after the bid is entered when it is permitted to retract it.

Small comfort is that from this we know that the bid that Gixen was scheduled to submit would not have actually won the auction (because it is below the price that the auction went to when the higher bid was entered. It looks like the winner got themselves a bit of a bargain as a result of the price not having been raised by the Gixen bid though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.