Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

More transactions blocked

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rheemix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: More transactions blocked Reply with quote

I'm not sure if Mario has figured out why this happens, but I wanted to provide my case as an additional incident he can investigate. I hope this helps.

I have 100+ positive feedbacks.

Four auctions set up for snipe from the same seller about 1 minute difference each in ending times. First three transactions got blocked, the fourth (the latest ending auction) went through.

270374115527 blocked
270374115806 blocked
270374116017 blocked
270374116518 won

As always, thank you very much for the great site.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is usually related to seller, not buyer (buyer related messages look like "requirement not met - (reason)".

I added some debug code, however, to see if ebay started giving more info on "transaction blocked" screens.
Rheemix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think the seller had different requirements on these listings? I thought this was unique because it was the same seller basically selling same kind of items. Yet, three failed and one went through...
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I don't think it's buyer requirements or anything related to the buyer at all. My guess is that It's some sort of a problem between seller and ebay. I am, however surprised that one bid went through - usually it's either all or none (with the same seller).
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wrong - it's possible to get a "transaction blocked" message as a consequence of a block imposed by seller. The complete screen now contains: "Unfortunately, this seller has decided that you are not permitted to bid on their listings. You may contact the seller via the Ask Seller Questions feature if you want additional details. "
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and the seller can see which bids have been blocked... perhaps in this case the seller decided that after seeing the blocked bids for the OP and not achieving the price of the blocked bid that they would remove the block which then allowed the last bid through.

I havent checked the times of the auctions, an alternative is that auction was won first with a snipe and the seller then decided that they didn't want to compound their losses from the OP winning auctions at the last moment and blocked subsequent bids.

This is certainly an odd selling strategy anyway, sending things from China for a penny including the cost of the item, even if they have an American third party doing the shipping from within the US there is never going to be a profit in it... My preferred theory is that this seller is effectively buying feedback in order to pursue some other venture in the future... What is for sure is that they wont be pursuing the current selling strategy for very long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.