Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Proxy Bidding Vs. Sniping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lenster

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Proxy Bidding Vs. Sniping Reply with quote

OK, I'm ready to bid on an item on ebay, but have a question; here's the scenario:

Lets say an item has a current bid of $100 and there is 7 seconds left on the auction.

Ebayer 'X' is currently winning the auction and is using proxy bidding with a maximum bid of $300.00.

I'm sniping the auction with a maximum bid of $325.00 set to bid at 6 seconds prior to the auction closing.

Along comes 6 seconds left and Gixen places my bid for the next increment (lets say $105).

My question is will the proxy bidding of Ebayer 'x' win the auction because the proxy bidding will still have enough time to bid up to the next increment?

Also, will Gixen re-bid on my behalf to the next increment if a proxy bid is submitted after my snipe bid or is the Gixen sniping bid a one shot deal?

If Gixen only places one bid, can I be logged on to ebay to submit another bid if a proxy bid beats my snip?

Auction ends tomorrow May 22 so quick replies are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanx in advance.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen places one bid for the amount that you specify at the time that you specify, the eBay bidding system determines whether or not you win based on all the accepted bids.

Proxy bidding on eBay takes effectively no time at all, it doesnt really rebid at all it just works out what the current auction price and current leading bidder is based on all the accepted bids that have been made at any particular time.

Sniping ensures that no-one can retaliate to your bid, if someone places a higher bid at any time during the auction they will still win due to the eBay bidding system.
nochkin

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lenster,
The whole idea of sniping is to set a snipe and let it go. Then find out the results when dust is settled.

The highest bidder wins (you will win since $325 is higher than $300).
The winner will pay $300 (previous bidder's max) + increment ($5) = $305.00.

Just as simple as that -- set your maximum snipe and forget about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.