Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

TRANSACTION BLOCKED BY SELLER???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aikikubotando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: TRANSACTION BLOCKED BY SELLER??? Reply with quote

I signed up for Gixen last week, first time and placed an auto-bid for an item. Never bought from that seller before either. Yet I lost my bid because it said "TRANSACTION BLOCKED BY SELLER"???? What is that? I've never seen that before.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you contact the seller before the auction finished, they may have taken exception to your communication... I've had that happen myself, most usually when I point out that they are overcharging postage.

Otherwise could it be that you have any non paying bidder strikes against you?

Or a low feedback amount?

You would not have been able to bid directly on that item on eBay, it is not a factor that is influenced by using Gixen, it just reports back to you what eBays response to trying to place a bid was.

Can you tell us the auction number?
aikikubotando

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes as a matter of fact I asked him if it was secondhand and if it worked...standard questions. He never replied. So I don't understand, were my questions out of line? I can understand him not wanting to deal with me for low feedback and bad track record, but I am 100% clean and have bought many things in the past and pay immediately.

And I never knew a seller can block you from buying.

The auction number was 150363346538. A Barigo weather station.

What information do you hope to discover from that?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario might be able to look a bit further into the logs now that he has the item number, but I doubt he will be able to find anything other than what you already know.

Yes selllers can block bids, that is usually why you get this message. He may have taken exception to your question and foresaw problems if he was not sure that it does actually work.

However, I did have a problem like this with one particular seller who claimed not to have blocked me when I contacted him, I have bid successfully on his items since through Gixen, he claimed tat it was a problem with eBay and when he reported it they sorted it out for him and me.

Since the seller lost money as a result it might be worth contacting him as I did.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you see a message "TRANSACTION BLOCKED BY SELLER" there is no doubt that it was the seller who blocked the bid. In fact this exact message was received by Gixen from eBay.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: transaction blocked Reply with quote

hi
I was just reading through this thread and i just checked the item 150363346538 and its because you are located in the UK. The seller only states delivery to the USA only. Maybe thats why the transaction was blocked because he has not marked in his listing he would ship to UK hence not being able to bid. hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.