Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Question About Gixen & My Current Ebay Bid

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissTree

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Question About Gixen & My Current Ebay Bid Reply with quote

Hi. I have a question about the use of Gixen for an eBay auction that I am currently bidding on. Sorry if it sounds kind of stupid but...

Prior to deciding to use Gixen, I bid on an item through eBay with a start price of $4 and set my max bid at $20. Someone else attempted to place a higher bid on the item but stopped after my higher max bid rose the price to $4.50 (at which time they did not place another bid).

I fear that they may wait until the auction is close to over in order to outbid me. If I set up Gixen to place my max bid at $40, will Gixen outbid my own previous bid through ebay? (Meaning that even if this other person does not bid anymore, it would still bid against my original bid and therefore I'd be stuck paying at least the $20 of my original max bid through ebay)?

Please help soon as auction is almost over:)
Thanks!
juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. You cannot outbid yourself on eBay: the price you pay is determined by the second-highest bidder and bidding again does not change this.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
MissTree

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: In response to your reply... Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for the reply. So basically what you are saying is that you can never bid against or outbid yourself, even if "you" bid through ebay and then "you" raised the bid through Gixen? I think this is what you are saying.
Again, thanks...
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. If it is all on the same eBay id the price doesn't rise.

If you had another eBay id then you could raise the price by bidding against yourself, but not with the same id as you placed the original bid.

Last edited by Cupid on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject:

MissTree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for the help:)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.