Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Enering many items - slow DB and broken links

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:11 am    Post subject: Enering many items - slow DB and broken links Reply with quote

I've been using gixen for many many years and I love it and am eternally grateful.

I usually use it for 3 to 5 snipes at a time. But last night for the first time I entered roughly 100.

I noticed after about 60 or so that the page return got real slow, and slower with every entry. It basically got too slow to use at some point. And the text box for entering another item is at the bottom of the page, so you have to wait for the entire page to load to enter the next item.

I thought maybe the "view similar" links would help me do a bulk entry, because really I have no idea what those links are. So I clicked on a few of them, but they're dead broken link.

My suggestions are:

1) make the back end DB more efficient, it should not take that long to return a mere 100 items.
2) make an entry page that does not force you to download your entire list of snipes just to see the form
3) fix those dead links
4) Make it possible to bulk enter like 100 items from the same seller. For example pull up all auctions from a seller with a keyword and then allow individual price entries for each of them. That would have saved me like an hour last night.

Suggestion #5: I just came up with this one when I tried to submit this post. Don't have 0's or O's in your Captcha, because only by trial and error can we get that right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.