Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen Android app not compatible with Pixel 7 (not 64 bit)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donnn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject: Gixen Android app not compatible with Pixel 7 (not 64 bit) Reply with quote

Does Gixen plan to release a 64 bit version of the Android app for compatibility with Pixel 7? As it stands now I can't really use my subscription on my phone.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, cannot guarantee when, however. Mobile apps are being rewritten in another development tool from scratch.

Here is what happened. I used Embarcadero C++ Builder to develop mobile apps for both iPhone and Android. At the time, it made a lot of sense - existing code could be re-used from the Gixen backend and Gixen Desktop Manager, and it all worked both for Android and iPhone.

Embarcadero, however, abandoned their Android support (in a very dishonourable way, but this is a long story to write here), which requires me now to rewrite apps from scratch using something else.

This is an ongoing process, and I hope there will be some good news in the next 3 months. In the meantime please use the web UI, it works very well for all mobile devices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.