Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Has it ever happened?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject: Has it ever happened? Reply with quote

Has it ever happened that both the main server and the mirror were down at the same time?
I assume it would be an extremely rare occurrence, but I was just wondering if it ever happened because most of the time I let Gixen bid for me even when I am home because it is sort of stressful to wait in the last few seconds.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember that ever happening, but it may have happened when I was not being observant.

I do recall Ebay not being available at all on a few occasions for an hour or so. Obviously things like that have a knock on effect to Gixen too.

Last edited by Cupid on Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But in that case (if eBay is unavailable) nobody would be able to bid, not even in person during that time, right?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, then items complete without any late bids...

I don't know f Ebay ever compensates it's sellers when that happens.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:08 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When this happens, I think sellers should at least be allowed to choose if they are happy with the highest bid or if they would prefer eBay to relist their item for free (without any penalties for them for not honouring the first auction of course).
As most people bid towards the end of an auction, whether through Gixen or in person, it can mean a considerable loss for sellers.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can, but I suspect that unless sellers actually notice and complain direct yo Ebay, that they may well just let it go... really in these circumstances I think Ebay should regard the auction as null and void... but then I suspect some buyers might well sue them if they did that.. so without actually funding any failed transactions Ebay are on a bit of a loser which ever way they go... I don't doubt that Ebay has it written into the user agreement, that no one ever reads, that they are not responsible for the consequences of any failure of their systems.

Gixen does the same, it's just a bit more 'up front' about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.