Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen logs out after placing bid w/ \"Add To Gixen\&qu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gmann

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:02 pm    Post subject: Gixen logs out after placing bid w/ \"Add To Gixen\&qu Reply with quote

After I place a bid using the "Add To Gixen" button on Ebay, I am logged out of my Gixen account on the Gixen website (not "Add To Gixen" button). When I re-login on the website the offset time options on the "Add To Gixen" button are reset to default (6 seconds instead of the 4 seconds that I selected previously). When I submit another bid using "Add To Gixen" button, I am logged out of website again. Repeat.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't personally use the browser plug-ins... but I do remember some discussion of there being a Settings option within it... can you find one that allows you to set your default offset ?

I'm wondering if that is now populated back to the Gixen servers' database and not just held locally on your machine/within your browser.

By the way, which browser is it that you are using, with the extension/plugin installed ?
gmann

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
can you find one that allows you to set your default offset ?

By the way, which browser is it that you are using, with the extension/plugin installed ?

Thanks for the reply.

I can set the default bid offset on the Gixen website but it only works when logged in (one of the reasons why am reporting this issue). When I am logged out it reverts back to the Gixen default of 6 seconds. I have yet to find a way to set it permanently, even after logging out.

Browser is Firefox 108.0.2
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I know you can set it on the website, it doesn't revert for me, but then, as I say, I don't use the browser plug-in/extension...

What I was talking about is trying to set the default within the plug-in of your browser ? Have you tried looking in to how to do that ?

If you search for 'options' in the main support thread here:

https://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8659

you'll see what I mean:

Autosnipe wrote:

Thu Oct 26, 2017:
...[Firefox Menu]->[Add-ons]->[Autosnipe] ->[Options]

...Tue Nov 28, 2017 ...
Autosnipe 1.4.7

Improvements with options menu save / reset
Added bid offsets for main and mirror

Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:51 pm    Post subject:

gmann

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found an option in the browser plug-in that allowed me to set the default offset, but it doesn't seem to work unless I am already logged in to Gixen.

As I said, I get logged out of Gixen whenever I enter a bid via the plug-in, and then logged out of the plug-in after logging in to the Gixen website.
gmann

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* By "doesn't work" I mean that after entering my preferred offset in the plug-in Options, the change doesn't show in the plug-in unless I am logged in to the Gixen website.

Once I submit a bid via the plug-in my preferred offset stays, but if I go to the Gixen 'My Snipes' webpage I have to log in there again. After I log in, if I go back to the browser plugin, the offset goes back to Gixen default of 6 seconds.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've added a link to this thread at the bottom of the support thread that I referenced above.

Please monitor that thread to see if Keith is able to assist with this.
gmann

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
OK, I've added a link to this thread at the bottom of the support thread that I referenced above.

Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.