Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen bidding is way higher than starting bid. 23487220623

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rajubhai55

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject: Gixen bidding is way higher than starting bid. 23487220623 Reply with quote

I had gixen bid on a item. There was on one bid from my side via gixen and I won the item. But the gixen bid was way higher than starting bid. Starting bid was $262 and first bid gixen put was $350? Why I am pay more than starting bid when I am only one bidding on the item. eBay item number:234872206233.

Can someone explain this?
Ramona

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that the seller had a Reserve at 350.

Not sure what you mean by the "first bid that Gixen put"? Gixen places a single bid (at whatever snipe value you have set), the exact same as if you had been sat at your keyboard and placed the bid manually; it's then up to eBay how they handle that.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this will be because the seller had paid for a reserve on the auction.

It doesn't seem to be possible, any more, to confirm this on the Ebay pages, after the auction has completed, except by the price having jumped straight to that figure.

Before an auction ends, you can tell that a reserve is in place by the auction page displaying a 'Reserve Not Met' message.

Many people think/assume that Gixen should bid incrementally... but if you think about it, that could never work, because it's generally not possible to see what others have already bid and certainly not what they have scheduled to bid in the last few seconds of an auction. Also in cases like this, where a reserve is in place, bidding at the opening price would just result in the auction being a no sale, when the bidder was actually willing to pay the reserve price, which would be a failure both for the buyer and the seller.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.