Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Shipping amount not working on certain items.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michail1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:01 pm    Post subject: Shipping amount not working on certain items. Reply with quote

I have used Gixen for only a month and for about 50 items.

I have noticed that many don't show the correct shipping amount. It's either right, or shows $0.00.

Since I place my bids based on total amount (with shipping), it's dangerous as some items show $0.00 shipping. I have placed some winning bids thinking it was free shipping, so I got stung several times before I noticed the issue.

I submitted some examples to support, but haven't heard back. Now sure if they can go back to see it, but easy to find one.

I posted two pictures to Imgur to see the issue....
.imgur.com/a/j4mDYBV

It's no longer an issue for me since I now realize there is the problem and have to check what Gixen is showing, but this happens on about 1 in 5 auctions. But, if I have 20+ auctions being watched by Gixen, it could pose a problem in that I am paying more than I should since I don't want to keep checking what Gixen is showing.

ebay.com/itm/354177152165
That's the very next auction I am looking at. Gixen showing $0.00 shipping, but actually it is: $12.65
Michail1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject: Larger example Reply with quote

imgur.com/a/d3O6NY2
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I recall, eBay has an issue. I will see what I can do on my side to fix this, but I'm not sure it's possible.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's not accurate, and can't be made so, I think that is justification for removing it completely.

It's never been something I wanted, though shipping price is very important in my bidding, so I always use the Ebay auction page for this, as the Gixen display has never been something I could rely on.

Last edited by Cupid on Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:59 am    Post subject:

Michail1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how it is an ebay issue since ebay is showing the correct value in shipping. Meh.

I agree with Cupid in that if it can't be fixed, it should be removed. Failing to show the correct amount in about 20% (in my case) is a very high fault rate.

Like I said, I don't rely on the amount Gixen is showing since I was stung several times; however, I think people using for Gixen for far less auctions don't realize the issue as quickly as I did since they bid on far less items.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Gixen over auctionsniper many times over. With the price, it was a no-brainer to switch. Smile
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michail1 wrote:
I'm not sure how it is an ebay issue since ebay is showing the correct value in shipping. Meh.

Gixen is not using the same interface to access eBay as you do.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest ebay get it wrong in their summary views quite often too, they can only be relied on on their auction pages.

I definitely think we should remove it to stop misleading people.
johnnybaloney

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 same problem, pls remove if cannot be fixed

Also, I'm not sure what's the use of the View Shipping Information link given there is a link to the auction already. It doesn't seem to be working anyway. I don't know what's the intended behaviour but clicking on it:

* simply opens the listing page,
* doesn't scroll down to the Shipping and Payments section of the listing,
* doesn't open Shipping and Payments tab,
* and in my case it goes to the wrong ebay site (US instead of UK, which BTW is the same problem as with Gixen email notifications, I get US links there instead of UK and then get confused when I'm unable to log in to ebay...).
byreyrey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the status on this??
BUBBA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject: HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME Reply with quote

I see this in several watched items. I watch ALOT of items on ebay then import them in. when its time to do my daily bids, I open the item in a separate tab and toggle back and forth. its fairly easy but a bit time consuming when your bidding on 100's of items daily. either way... gixen has made me tons of $$$ but I too would like it fixed when and if possible. less clicking to open and close tabs on every listing would be Nice. either way, I am still happy.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t see any shipping amount on Gixen. I don’t remember ever seeing it, I always had to go to EBay and check the shipping cost before I bid via Gixen. Where is the shipping amount shown, please advise?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I don’t see any shipping amount on Gixen. I don’t remember ever seeing it, I always had to go to Ebay and check the shipping cost before I bid via Gixen. Where is the shipping amount shown, please advise?

What they are talking about is shown below the auction title, above the Bid amount, to the right of 'S&H:' and to the left of the 'View Shipping Information' link, on the snipes page after you log in here via the web interface.

So, it's only visible after the snipe is created, but many people import their snipes from a list and then they look at this before setting an amount for the snipe by editing it.

Since it's unreliable, I don't recommend looking at it at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.