Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid rejected because seller mentioned 'may not mail to Aus

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Recov

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 3:25 pm    Post subject: Bid rejected because seller mentioned 'may not mail to Aus Reply with quote

Often I find a seller in either the UK or US will state 'May not mail to Australia'. When I have contacted them I have discovered that they are quite happy to mail but had either (i) no postage costs or (ii) Had simply never mailed to Australia before. The upshot was they were quite happy to sell to me. This is very different to a seller who states: 'WILL NOT mail to Australia' Over the last couple of years I have won many bids in regard to the former and when I am notified of my winning, I have simply requested a 'New Total' from the seller who has generally been happy to supply that and the transaction has been completed. Over the last couple of weeks I have had my bids rejected when the Seller has stated 'May not mail to Australia' - what has changed? Can this fixed so that bids are not rejected for 'May Not' only? The last bid was on item no: 166048256726. My Gixen stated: 'AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED' I contacted the seller and they were quite happy to have sold to me. How does this all work and how can I bypass it? - Many thanks S.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if it's changed, it will be on the Ebay side, not the Gixen implementation.

Maybe raise it in their discussion area and see if that wider audience has any ideas and if you get some it would be great if you could bring those ideas back here to help the rest of the Gixen community.

It is certainly possible for Ebay sellers to block sales to areas they do not wish to send items to, but if as you say, they are not even aware that they have done that any more, then something has probably changed in the Ebay software. It may even be a mistake that they have allowed the block to creep further than they had intended, but only Ebay will be able to change that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.