Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Auto-Add to Bids that Do Not Meet Minimum Bid Requirements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vacuumed09

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject: Auto-Add to Bids that Do Not Meet Minimum Bid Requirements Reply with quote

Today, 05-11-2023, I ONCE AGAIN lost out on a lot because ... last night I said up my "maximum" bid, knowing I would be working today and unable to monitor. I set it to bid $37 3 seconds before the close.

3-seconds before close, the bidding was set at $37.26 and so my bid was not submitted.

The IDEA is that you allow us to give Gixen the "go-ahead" to increase our bid by some amount of ... either the minimum to make it a valid new high bid OR a dollar amount over the minimum bid or whatever.

The point being ... it's WAY WORSE for me to see that--WOW!--I lost the lot by 26 cents, JUST BECAUSE my bid was not over the minimum bid than it would be to lose because I didn't bid ENOUGH over.

Just give us a fighting chance to win! Smile
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My view on this has always been that if you're disappointed that you're not winning these auctions then you're not setting your snipes at the true maximum that you are happy to pay.

My advice has always been to, first do a bit of research on the item(s) that you are interested in and then, set your snipe at an amount above which you regard other buyers to have paid too much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.