Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Uptime

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spannerthumbs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:28 am    Post subject: Uptime Reply with quote

Gixen was unavailable in UK today at around 09:00 BST for at least 15mins. Tried several times but the domain would not resolve. I even had to set up a trial on a competitor to place my snipe.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that sometimes happens when ISPs update their Domain Name Servers, and it takes up top half an hour for it to propagate throughout their network, even though the service running on an affected domain hasn't suffered any outage.
JustBillMe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:01 am    Post subject: Gixen site down last night Reply with quote

Gixen was down for me also around 8pm (pst) here in California. My question is if Gixen is down, will my existing bids still fire? Also every link I have including the Forum links wouldn't connect.
Thank you, Bill
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the website is not required to be accessible for existing snipes to be executed from the servers.

Which leads to the question as to how to cancel a snipe if the website is not accessible which is covered on the FAQ page:

Something went horribly wrong. I can't access your site, and I want to cancel some of the scheduled bids.
This is highly unlikely to happen, as gixen.com server is placed in a reliable hosting facility, but if so, you can withdraw Gixen authorization within your eBay account, and all the scheduled bids will naturally fail. If you can't find this option (it's buried under "Site preferences" in your eBay account), you can also change your eBay password, which will automatically disable all authorizations.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:28 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.