Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Font on Snipes page appear light grey with little contrast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:55 am    Post subject: Font on Snipes page appear light grey with little contrast Reply with quote

Whereas the font in the Forums pages are nicely black with strong contrast.

Using Firefox (win10) and generally no font issues when surfing the web daily.

Obviously not a show stopper but I welcome any tips on what can give me better contrast when viewing Snipes or other Gixen tabs (like FAQ and Terms tabs)?

I have a screenshot that I can email to show what I see. Can't attach it to this post though.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screenshots can be uploaded to an image hosting site and the URL (without the 'http') can be posted here, I'm happy to enable those that are relevant to sniping and Gixen.

Alternatively they can be sent via email direct to Mario at the support address given on the Contact page.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please do either, feel free to email me.
Celes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:23 pm    Post subject: Poor font contrast experience Reply with quote

Thanks guys, here's two screenshots.

https://paste.pics/775b7fdf5e5f6f29fa0a7fddd0948713
https://paste.pics/1a9677ae66f382ec69d1fa319b1135fd
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:23 pm    Post subject: Poor font contrast experience

Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's a great deal less contrast than I have.

Which browser are you using ?

Last edited by Cupid on Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to ask the same. I don't see it like this in any browser.
Celes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned in my first post, Win10 and Firefox.
Version v111.0 privacy hardened via Librewolf settings to curtail Facebook and Google tracking, but I doubt Librewolf mess with fonts and stylesheets since, for the last month, Gixen is the only site where I noticed the contrast phenomenon and I do land on a lot of sites in a month.
I know its hard/impossible to troubleshoot anything if you cant reproduce it, but maybe if you compare the stylesheet for the forum tab (dark black text) with that of the Sniping tab there could be a clue?
This is not a show stopper, so I initially raised it under the "Suggestions" subforum because I simply hoped you'd come across this before and knew a quick fix. Just have to squint a bit (the sniping works fine, which is what really matters, and why I have been using you for 5+ years).
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry, you did have that in your first post and I overlooked it.

So, since you've used the service for 5 years, has it always looked like this for you, or did it change at some point during that time ?

I also use Firefox and for me it's always had the same contrast on the snipes pages as it does on these forum pages as indicated in the images on this Blog:

https://www.gixen.com/blog/ebay-third-party-authorizations/

I have no doubt that if this is affecting you there will be others that also suffer from it, but don't have your skills to be able to raise the issue here, so it would be nice to track down what is causing it for the benefit of the whole community.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Celes wrote:
privacy hardened via Librewolf settings to curtail Facebook and Google tracking,

I wonder if actually it is this that is causing the page not to fully load.

I get a greyed out look in Firefox when the focus is taken elsewhere either by a pop up taking the input or the page taking a long time to load. Maybe with this software Firefox is indicating to you that the page hasn't fully loaded, because you are blocking these features.

I wonder if you would be prepared to test this by temporarily turning it off ?

Otherwise I think Mario has mentioned in the past that he's prepared to look into this again for Mirror subscribers.

Edit: found that here.
Celes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies.
I am a mirror subscriber.
Perhaps unusually, I use at least four different computers at different locations most weeks (never mobile phone browsing).
Different versions of Firefox browser installed on these platforms, and not all of them exhibit the light grey font phenomenon.
Testing Brave browser on the original desktop pc that has Librewolf-Firefox, the fonts displayed properly. Brave browser is also somewhat hardened against tracking, using add-ons like Ublock etc.

So all this is slightly puzzling, and really tough on any tech trying to troubleshoot. Apologies for that.

When I raised this issue, my thoughts were that Mario would have surely come across this before, and had a quick-fix suggestion for me.

Best I can do next is wait till I get back to the original pc with Librewolf, and play around with Safe Mode and/or disabling some hardening to see if that has a curative effect. Will let you know if that delivers an outcome.

In the mean time, I was still able to read the grey font and snipes are working fine so not an unhappy camper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.