Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Is the 2 second snipe time reliable or too short?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JSA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:08 am    Post subject: Is the 2 second snipe time reliable or too short? Reply with quote

Hi
I was using another snipe software because of a convenient app however even if I selected 3 seconds the bid appeared closer to 5s.

I’m trying Gixen again with subscription and I see an option for 2 seconds. How reliable is the 2 second snipe with a gixen subscription?

I prefer to bid as late a possible but is gixens servers and so forth fast enough to bid with only 2 seconds left?

Also, I have not used gixen in 3 years at least and my credentials expired. I have updated the eBay link and it say there’s a new expiry. Is there anything further I need to do. I don’t want it to fail.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: Is the 2 second snipe time reliable or too short? Reply with quote

I've not seen any complaints, at all, about bid scheduling being off here.

I've also not seen any complaints about bids not reaching Ebay servers in time either.

Personally, I don't use short offsets, but not because of reliability, just because since I generally bid on auctions that other snipers are interested in and we pretty much also agree on value, short offsets are less successful for me due to the increased likelihood of my bid being blocked due to Ebays' bid offset rule. If you don't bid on auctions like that and so you are most likely the only sniper, I'd say go for it.

JSA wrote:
I have updated the eBay link and it say there’s a new expiry.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this, I'm assuming you mean the authorization, that you set up in the second section of the Settings page, had to be set up again ?

That's all you must have, an active Mirror subscription (first section of the Settings page), which I assume you also have and is what you mean by
JSA wrote:
with subscription
is also highly recommended.
JSA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
That’s is correct, I was referring to the authorisation. It says a approved till next year now.
I also purchased the subscription.

I have selected the Primary mirror as AU and secondary as USA.

Is there really a need to use two different mirrors? How often does one fail? My preference is obviously AU as that is local. Is any location more reliable than the next?

I’ve set it to 2 second timing in the assumption it my bid will be submitted in time (subject to bid increment rules etc).

I found a website that indicated eBay blocked bids less than 3s but it was quite old and did not evidence the claim.
Thank you
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay definitely does not block any bids that are submitted before the end of the auction.

Actually all Ebay servers are located in the USA, no matter which domain you use locally. As a result no domain is more reliable than any other, it just affects what jurisdiction the sale is made under when you win, but pretty much the whole world has similar rules related to the sale of items via the internet.

With respect to failure rates on a single server, it was estimated to be around 1 in 300 quite a few years back, I imagine it's actually much lower than that now, so with 2 servers it's the square of that rate, so pretty much zero failures.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:52 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.