Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen says I won the item on ebay but ebay didnt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxine1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:41 pm    Post subject: Gixen says I won the item on ebay but ebay didnt Reply with quote

So Im bummed and a little confused. I had a gixen snipe up for days on an item on ebay for days and upped the price of my snipe more than a few hours before the iten ended and beat out the final price on ebay by over $19.00 and then I go to ebay and NOPE its not saying I won. I've never had this happen before. So whats up? What happened? Ebay item was 275948122984 My final bid was $256. 98 and it sold for $237.50. I dont understand what happened.
Maxine1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:55 pm    Post subject: Gixen says I won the item on ebay but ebay didnt Reply with quote

If you look at my history Ive wone many items thru gixen and this account so I dont know why I didnt win this one. ALTHOUGH Im a bit confused at the word "ENDED" appearing on the line item in the status line in my history page. Does that mean the seller had a minimum on the item? Is that the problem?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the title of the thread you say that 'Gixen says I won' but then you say in the body of your post 'word "ENDED" appearing on the line item in the status line in my history page'.

What was the actual status of the snipe, both on the Main and Mirror tabs, after the auction had completed ?

From this description, it sounds likely that you are looking at the record of a previous edit in your 'History' page and not the record of the snipe as it was when the auction ended.
Maxine1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:22 am    Post subject: Gixen says I won the item on ebay but ebay didnt Reply with quote

In my "Status" columnof my snipes page it says "won" but on my history page it says "Ended". So confusing.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:22 am    Post subject: Gixen says I won the item on ebay but ebay didnt

Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so since you say you edited the snipe before it ended the record in your history is most likely related to an earlier state of the snipe, before you edited it.

So, the most significant status is the always the one on the snipe itself. Also, as far as I am aware, it's only possible for Gixen to get to a status of 'WON' after it has successfully placed a bid. So the next question is, on that snipe where it has that 'WON' status, what does Gixen say is the 'Bid' and the 'Current bid', using the desktop web interface ?

The other relevant question is, what is the current positive feedback total on your Ebay account, on that auction I can see snipe bids were placed (in the same second) for Ebay accounts that have both a total of (221) and (5750) feedbacks.

Another possible line to follow up on would be if you have more than one Ebay account and whether or not you have recently updated your authorisation for Gixen to place bids for you ?
Maxine1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:42 am    Post subject: Gixen says I won the item on ebay but ebay didnt Reply with quote

So CHANGE to the story. 2 dayss after end of bidding it now shows that I did indeed win the item. I guess there must be a delay at ebay. Thanks anyway.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that you were not logged into Ebay when you last looked, or logged in but to a different Ebay account, that would also account for what you were seeing there.

Anyway, thank you for coming back to let us know you managed to resolve this issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.