Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Confusion about group bidding- need clarification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomascostlow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:19 am    Post subject: Confusion about group bidding- need clarification Reply with quote

I recently read through some forums on group bidding, thinking I had a good grasp of how it worked based on the questions and answers I found. However, it seems I may have misunderstood. I added three identical items to group 1, all ending simultaneously. I placed a bid on them, but when they ended, someone else placed a higher bid on one, canceling it out. The other two items continued bidding and I won both. My understanding, from previous forum posts, was that if I placed items ending at the same time in the same group, winning one would cancel out the others. I recall a post from the early 2010s suggesting a 2-minute gap, but I also saw a more recent update stating this was no longer the case for Gixen, and items could cancel each other out even within seconds. I realize I may not fully grasp how group bidding on items ending simultaneously works. Could someone please provide a more detailed explanation of how this process works, or if there's a better approach to achieve the desired result?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: Confusion about group bidding- need clarification Reply with quote

Yes, your issue will be down to the auctions
Thomascostlow wrote:
all ending simultaneously.
The advice that there should be a
Thomascostlow wrote:
a 2-minute gap
still stands.

Please can you provide a link to:

Thomascostlow wrote:
a more recent update stating this was no longer the case for Gixen, and items could cancel each other out even within seconds.

and I'll add a qualification to it so that it does not confuse anyone else as it has you, my apologies for having missed that.

while it may well be true that Gixen now manages to cancel later auctions much quicker than 2 minutes, there can not be the same kind of guarantee about that since the sniping process starts well before the time that the snipe is actually scheduled to be placed and therefore in such cases requires extra intervention to stop the bid being placed as one of the later stages of the whole process, and that extra intervention may in itself fail to stop the process dedicated to entering the bid for you as scheduled.

In any case, it's always going to be impossible to implement an instant cancellation for items that end
Thomascostlow wrote:
simultaneously.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.