Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

faulty Invald Authorization

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelo Aiello

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:41 pm    Post subject: faulty Invald Authorization Reply with quote

I have lost 2 ebay auctions because Gixen has stated I had invalid authorization but I am paid up until 2027. The 2 item numbers are as follows. 225970591348 and 256368099562. Please fix the problem. I love this service and want to continue using it. Thank you.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has nothing to do with mirror subscription or payment of any kind. eBay authorization is a very different thing from Mirror Subscription. It's a permission you give on eBay to Gixen so that it can bid on your behalf.

eBay requires that you renew the authorization every 18 months or whenever you change your ebay password or username. This is free of charge. See detailed step-by-step guide and explanation here: https://www.gixen.com/blog/ebay-third-party-authorizations/ or watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MASkjBSyQA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could send automated email warnings when authorization is pending expiry or has lapsed?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, but some email providers filter it out. Gixen also displays a warning in red bold letters 10 days before authorization expiry.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:15 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Ebay can invalidate the authorisation for other reasons, prior to the 18 month timeout.

For example if you change your credentials on Ebay they do this but don't tell Gixen about it. Then the first that the Gixen software is aware of this type of invalid authorisation is most likely when it tries to place a bid.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got caught out by this earlier. I have notifications on bid status turned off because it generates a lot of emails, but I would still like an email about expiring authorisation and I didn't get one as far as I can see. (Not sure if the notifications tickbox affects that?)

I would suggest sending an email whatever, especially after a few pending bids have been missed because the auth has run out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.