Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Post-Sale Gixen closing-price reporting error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClearEyes

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 7:37 am    Post subject: Post-Sale Gixen closing-price reporting error Reply with quote

\"copy & paste\" from Gixen post-sale email notice -

[2]2 messages in conversationAuction end notice for item 156213846095
Item: 156213846095
Title: Apple Watch SE 44mm Aluminum Case ION-X Glass GPS LTE WR-50m
Seller: williesell
Status (main): HIGH BIDDER
Status (mirror): HIGH BIDDER
Your maximum bid: 62.51
Current price: 43.00

You got this item for 19.51 USD less than your maximum bid!
Gixen Reporting Error: My winning automatically submitted by Gixen was $61.00, not $43.00, so I won that auction for $1.51 USD less than my maximum bid, not $19.51 USD less than my maximum bid.

Gixen software performed perfectly until AFTER this auction's closing time. Then it sent to me this notice claiming the closing-winning price was $43.00 (incorrect) rather than $61.00 (correct value). eBay's history of bids shows no time at which $43.00 was a current top bid, however, at one time $42.00 was the current top bid.

I hope this report is helpful.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you turn on the 'Show automatic bids' on the bids page you can see that $43.00 was the auction price as a result of the bid of $50 placed 24 May 2024 at 7:56:39am PDT. That was the current price right up until your bid was placed 24 May 2024 at 1:51:40pm PDT, which raised the auction price to $51.00.

There was then another bid of $60.00 placed 24 May 2024 at 1:51:41pm PDT which raised the auction price once again to your winning amount of $61.00.

So, you are correct that Gixen is not reporting the auction price that resulted either from your bid or the later one, but it is not correct to say that there was
Quote:
ClearEyes wrote:
no time at which $43.00 was a current top bid

What has failed here is Gixen's attempt to retrieve the auction price from Ebay after the auction completed... that's certainly a failure, so it's definitely also true that
Quote:
ClearEyes wrote:this report is helpful.

Thank you for reporting it, it happens occasionally, fortunately it doesn't actually make any difference to the outcome of the auction, and you won at the correct amount given the sequence of bids that Ebay accepted at the times I mentioned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.