Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

EBAY ERROR: PAGE NOT RESPONDING (1)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbstradingcompany

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: PAGE NOT RESPONDING (1) Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have been receiving this error today.
The item numbers are:
Please help. Thanks
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbstradingcompany, I'd give half of my kingdom if I knew what is causing these. These are in fact ebay screens, so this is ebay's internal problem, not a connection timeout of any kind.

Did you make any changes to your account recently?

Can you please try to submit some of the bids manually to see if you get the same error from ebay?
bbstradingcompany

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Here are a couple more Reply with quote

Here are a couple more

I tried submitting manually and it went through without problem.
I am not sure why. There are some that went through but bid under asking price:

So, i am not sure what's going on. Thanks
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know (yet). You and only one other user got this message in the past 24 hours (the other user got it for one auction only, so it may be a coincidence). Now it seems to started happening regularly for your account only.

I'll try to implement some debug code. Were there any changes made to your ebay account that might have caused this? (adding/updating info, etc?)
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject:

bbstradingcompany

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: No udate Reply with quote

Hi there,

I didn't update my account recently. I haven't use gixen for a couple weeks since i am away for holidays. When i come back, i started to see these happening. I thought it is temporary but it seems to happen more often now. So, i just thought of checking with you. Thanks
bbstradingcompany

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Any updates? Reply with quote

This is still happening. Do you have any updates from your debug???
bbstradingcompany

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Manual bid succesful Reply with quote

My manual bid gone through. I just don't know why my snipping isn't going through. Please help. Thanks
bbstradingcompany

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Few more examples Reply with quote

Hi,

A couple more manual bidding that went through and won.
Thanks
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbstradingcompany,

I don't have anything yet. This will take a while. I have to change the code to log me everything, content of the pages, etc. Then I have to analyze it for any possible difference. It's definitely not something I can fix quickly, it will take several days.

Mario.
Madman J

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: More errors - lost autcions :o( Reply with quote

I have lost 4 items to this error! Evil or Very Mad

Have you contacted them about this? Crying or Very sad
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they would almost certainly not be helpful. I am, however, still trying to figure out what triggers it.
bbstradingcompany

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Everything is back to normal Reply with quote

Everything is back to normal now. Thanks
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one thing in my code that differed from what browser does, and that may (or may not) have caused this, I am not sure. I modified it anyway. I'm glad that problem is gone, sorry for the inconvenience.
Sparkythomson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: PAGE NOT RESPONDING (1) Reply with quote

Hi,
Looks like this problem is back.
I have been receiving this error quite often recently.
EBAY ERROR: PAGE NOT RESPONDING (1)
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't that the problem is back... It never completely disappeared, but this is likely not Gixen's fault.
stampqueen!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: same error message Reply with quote

LOST THREE AUCTIONS TODAY WITH THIS ERROR CODE.

Sad
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a coincidence then - there is a problem with your account (of some kind). Please try to bid manually and see if you get the same error.
happy_puppies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: PAGE NOT RESPONDING - Losing auctions! HELP!! Reply with quote

First off Mario, thanks for providing this cool service for free. But I need help!! I've lost several auctions the last couple of days and lost two more today. Sad Sad Sad Everything has been working fine for me since I started with Gixen a month or so ago and I've never had any problems but all of a sudden, the last two days I've been getting the "EBAY ERROR: PAGE NOT RESPONDING" error. Today hurt real bad because they were two things I've been looking for forever and who knows when they'll come thru again. The worst part is I could've picked them both up for a song! HELP ME PLEASE!! Thanks!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

happy_puppies, please try to bid manually... I really need to know if you will get the same problem again. I still don't know why it happens for some accounts only.
gareth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
happy_puppies, please try to bid manually... I really need to know if you will get the same problem again. I still don't know why it happens for some accounts only.

...Just to mention, this problem is still out there...happened yesterday to me (once as yet).
In this case, I thought it might be the seller ending the item at the last minute, knowing it wouldn't raise enough at auction. but I'am probably just paranoid!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.