Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Snipe Failed ERROR and Canceled Group Bidding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Snipe Failed ERROR and Canceled Group Bidding Reply with quote

Snipe Failed 190194849201

Username shaner-2008
eBay 190194849201
Snipe Amou 34.70
Ending Price 26.25

Bid over 8.45 over ending price.

Error log not found. Please contact Gixen support.

It had also canceled the group 1 160204490086 status CANCELED

I have bid on an item 120218457230 with no problems manually.

Keith
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody has bid on the BMW item 120218457230 have they?.. Unless you are the one who has had their account suspended?

Ah thats it your account has been suspended by eBay for some reason, you need to talk to them about it.
Keith

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid you are correct I have got an email from eBay saying I had been suspened at 00:23pm GMT

However the coffee machine the snipe failed ended at 21:10:23 GMT Question

Don't know whats happening it is my friends account getting him into eBay Rolling Eyes

Quote:
eBay eMail
FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Breach of User Agreement- shan*****gmail.com

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended.

To have your account reviewed for reinstatement, please follow the instructions at the bottom of this email.

Why have we suspended your account?

From experience we know that certain items and actions are more associated with fraudulent activity on eBay than others. As a precaution, we suspend an account if it gives us cause for concern. We then ask for more information from the member before we reinstate the account.

Please understand we're not accusing you of fraudulent behaviour. Our top priority is to ensure that eBay remains a safe and reputable place to buy and sell, so we'd just like to confirm some of the information you've given us.

An account suspension in these circumstances is covered under the section of the eBay User Agreement headed "Abusing eBay", which you can read by copying the following link into a new browser window:

Have only bid on the car if you look at bid history you should see the removed bid.

Could this be linked to bidding from Gixens Sever as all my friends details were correct signing up to ebay?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith, Gixen is unlikely the cause for this, as this is the only bid with this message Gixen received in days. Below is the message Gixen received from ebay while trying to submit your bid.

----
Attention!
In order to maintain a safe trading environment, eBay may limit activity on an account until we obtain additional verification.

At this time we ask that you verify your account with a Phone Call.

We'll call the phone number registered to your account to verify that you are the account holder. The process is fast, easy and secure. If the phone call doesn't work, click here for Help.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The account was only opened on 23-Jan-08 wasn't it?

I think eBay is being extra cautious because its such a new account and they don't know your history, they want further verification that they can get hold of you in case you were to bid and then not fulfill your liabilities, it will be an anti fraud measure.

I think its most likely the car bid that caused them to require further verification... and then when you didn't respond to their request at the next bid (that gixen tried to make for you) perhaps that caused them to automatically suspended the account to make sure that you had to get back to them.

I'm sure if you follow their (eBays) instructions and verify the account further it will be fine to use gixen in the future.
Keith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario, where does the help link goto?
***//pages.ebay***/help

I think it would be a good idea to check the feedback of a new user 0 feedback or registed date, may help this from happing again Wink

I will resolve this with eBay.

Thanks for your help,
Keith

Won him another coffee machine on my gixen account last nite, should chear him up.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith, sure, that would help in one way - but who am I to say to users "hey, maybe you should verify your ebay account with your phone number or a credit card". People get suspicious when you mention things like these...

The bottom line is - these are ebay issues, not Gixen's...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.