Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Current price

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lincoln1242

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Current price Reply with quote

In a pending snipe I notice that in Gixen the current prise is not changed, when bids are made in ebay... my question is; will Gixen put a bid which is to small, because the current bid is not updated???
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No,

Gixen will submit your maximum bid, it is the proxy system on eBay that then determines whether or not you win and if so how much you pay, which will be the second highest bidders maximum plus up to one increment.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Current price Reply with quote

Lincoln1242 wrote:
In a pending snipe I notice that in Gixen the current prise is not changed, when bids are made in ebay... my question is; will Gixen put a bid which is to small, because the current bid is not updated???

Current price field is irrelevant for Gixen operation. It's there only for your convenience. Gixen always submits your maximum bid to ebay, and ebay then uses proxy bidding to determine what is the amount necessary to win. So "proxy" bidding (raising until sufficient to win) is not a Gixen feature, it's eBay's. Therefore there is no reason to worry your bid will be too small to win.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.