Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Minimum time allowable to schedule snipe?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Minimum time allowable to schedule snipe? Reply with quote

I just tried to set a snipe for an auction ending in four hours and was told that my snipe was placed too late and might not be executed. I am completely new to Gixen and can't find anything anywhere saying that there is a minimum amount of time allowable to set bids in the system. (Forgive me if it is there and I am missing it somehow!) I'm also not sure now whether to manually snipe before I leave my office (which is what I will probably do) or trust that the snipe will be placed. Any clarity of this would be helpful -- thank you in advance!
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should only do that when there are less than 2 minutes before the auction closes.

I have seen it say that when the price field is incorrectly formatted, so please try again and make sure that you don't use any dollar or pound signs, just numbers and periods.

If you can see the snipe on your snipe page then it will be executed, if you can't see a record of it then it has been rejected and then obviously it wont. If you can see it please check that the amount you want to bid is correct because then your problem could have been a combination of misinterpretation of your snipe details and an acceptance of them.

If you still cannot add the snipe please come back jere and tell us the auction number, then someone may be able to provide better guidance on the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.