Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

EBAY ERROR: TRANSACTION BLOCKED (1)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
messyflux

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: EBAY ERROR: TRANSACTION BLOCKED (1) Reply with quote

I wanted to bid on some sanding belts. I entered my high bid amount into GIXEN. The bid was never placed. My snipe was shown as "EBAY ERROR: TRANSACTION BLOCKED (1)" . I can't understand why as I have 750 all + feedbacks so I canot attribute this to low feedbacks. Also I havn't asked the seller any questions or purchased from him before so theres no reason why I should be blocked by him. The item ended with NO BIDS ! Does anyone have any thoughts on this ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you often bid on the same kind of items?

This has happened to me once, I tried asking the seller if they had blocked me but I got no response.

My best guess was that they had blocked me because I'd outsniped them on something they really wanted... but I don't know for sure... If that is the case it was a stupid strategy as they ended up geting less for their auction than they would have done had they not blocked my bid.
messyflux

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply to CUPID Reply with quote

theres no way that I can logicly see that this seller would have even known my user name , let alone block me. Iv'e never bought off him before or swapped any mail with him. I have never bought sanding belts off ebay before and don't regularly buy tools or consumables. I dont see any reason at all as to why GIXEN failed to get the bid in.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK theres still a few possibilities, other than a gixen bug:

1: Sellers sometimes change their seller name, have you checked the history of the names used by that seller account, its possible that you have dealt with them before they changed their name and hence you don't recognise it.

2: Many sellers have more than one selling account, you could have been blocked on one you've never heard of due to interaction with another.

3: Sellers share information on buyers they have blocked, via various forums including the eBay ones. Have you had any trouble with any other sellers that may have subsequently blocked you and shared the information?

Has the seller confirmed that they did NOT block your bid?

Can you provide Mario with the auction number (either here or via email) so that he can look into it further?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject:

messyflux

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the item is item no. 260237619230

For your point No 1. The seller does not appear to have changed his user name and I would be very very suprised if I have been blocked by anyone at all. I do not see any reason past or present why I would be blocked and especialy by this seller.
Point No 2. I only ever recall having difficulties with 2 sellers and both of those were in my own county of Yorkshire and were private seller and not business sellers. This seller is in Staffordshire and I know I have never purchased of him before.
Poinmt No3. Whilst I do cover this point in 1 and 2 above I connot see any possible link with any problems I might have had in the past with any sellers. I only recall one problem with regards to my buying a Sat Nav screen off someone who lives elsewhere and has no conenction with any tool / workshop supplies. My feedbacks are actually 850 all positive ( no negatives ) and generally I have a very good trading experience with all buyers and sellers.
I do not understand wht the ( 1 ) refers to in the GIXEN / Ebay reference. ............... "EBAY ERROR: TRANSACTION BLOCKED (1)" what is (1) ?
This seller is selling other items and still has some sanding belts listed so I might bid on some "Manually" and by "Gixen" just to see what happens.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that this sometimes happen because of browser footprint. Gixen sends the same footprint to eBay you used to schedule your snipe at Gixen. In your case, it seems that you use a rather outdated browser (IE6), and eBay may have a problem with this. So upgrading your browser may resolve this.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the browser update does the trick. Just checked. I'm still using IE6 (SP2) and I've only had this problem once... I hate IE7 for reasons I won't go into... I guess its going to have to be Firefox for me if this does prove to be a problem for eBay.

It's a good point the OP makes though, what do the (1) and (2) mean at the end of these messages?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, ignore it, those numbers are just something useful to me to pinpoint quickly the location in the code where error occurred, I just didn't bother to hide it from users.
messyflux

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: browser Reply with quote

I know EI7 has been released but I would say 80 ~ 90 % of people are still using EI6 and I would think that if its the browser thats the problem then I wouldn't be able to bid on Ebay normally ? and I can , so I don't quite see your point , but eh , i'll try anything and I really appreciate your efforts and response as its puzzling me too. I used Gixen just a couple of days ago 3 times and it worked perfect.
messyflux

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: additional info Reply with quote

I wonder if the issue might be something to do with the bids being entered on ebay.com rather than ebay.co.uk ?
I have noticed that when the item number is "clicked" in GIXEN it takes you to the item on Ebay.com and I thought that 'maybe' if the seller had blocked all international bids then this could be why the bid was errored. What do you think ?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: additional info Reply with quote

messyflux wrote:
I wonder if the issue might be something to do with the bids being entered on ebay.com rather than ebay.co.uk ?
I have noticed that when the item number is "clicked" in GIXEN it takes you to the item on Ebay.com and I thought that 'maybe' if the seller had blocked all international bids then this could be why the bid was errored. What do you think ?

It's not a problem I've ever had... however, you can change the site that comes up when you click the link... and, perhaps more importantly, the site that gixen bids on... on the Settings page.

As I also live in the UK I have everything set to .co.uk now. I do that for the buyer protection benefits not for a lower error rate, but its proably a good idea for you to change it anyway.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, I also got one of these last night, for item 140232876516.

However, in my case I think that its because eBay removed the listing before Gixen came to place my bid.

I noticed that one disappeared from my watch list before it was due to end so I suspected it had been removed before coming to see what happened here.
messyflux

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: additional info Reply with quote

It's not a problem I've ever had... however, you can change the site that comes up when you click the link... and, perhaps more importantly, the site that gixen bids on... on the Settings page.

As I also live in the UK I have everything set to .co.uk now. I do that for the buyer protection benefits not for a lower error rate, but its proably a good idea for you to change it anyway.[/quote]

OK , All noted , I have updated bid sites to UK , we will see how it goes. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.