Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Quick Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Quick Question Reply with quote

Hello,

I read the FAQs and I searched for my question, didn't see any answers, so I thought I'd ask, and hopefully be answered before the auction is over.

I wanna buy a truck, and I was the only bid down to 10 hrs then some dude comes in and bids, I bid, and find out that he has the automatic thing going for him. If I use gixen to snipe it will there be the chance I get my bid in before it autos for him and wins?

Thanks for any help.
juangrande

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are being automatically outbid, this means the other bidder has put in a bid substantially higher than the minimum bid. Their bid has already been accepted by eBay's proxy bidding system: there is no way to bid faster than a bid that has already been placed. The only way to win is to bid higher than the other bidder. What Gixen can do for you is place your bid so close to the end of the auction that the other bidder has no time to rebid.

What you should do is enter a snipe on Gixen for the maximum amount you would be willing to pay and let Gixen place your bid 5 seconds before the auction ends. If the other bidder bid more than your maximum, they will win; otherwise, you will win at their bid + up to one bid increment.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.