Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED

View previous topic :: View next topic  
caramellau

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED Reply with quote

HI
I have been placing bids with Gixen for ages and have never had this problem before.
I checked with the seller before I placed my bid to ensure that she would post to Australia even though her auction did not include my country. Surely it should be between herself and the buyer to decide whether a bid goes through and not Gixen.
I'm very disappointed in this instance as I was prepared to pay much more than the winning bid and my bid was not placed.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caramellau, it sure wasn't Gixen who made this decision - Gixen tried to place your bid and received a page with such response from eBay.

The responsibility for the failure is solely on the seller - she should have relaxed the shipping country requirement if she wanted your bid to be accepted. The same would have happened had you bid manually.
hedu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had the same issue for an item in the UK to be sent in the UK. That can't be right surely...
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hedu wrote:
Just had the same issue for an item in the UK to be sent in the UK. That can't be right surely...

That's true, just checked your auction and it doesn't make sense. Unless if eBay started restricting not only by the shipping country, but by the ebay country site used. I will turn on some logging to find out what it is exactly.

In the meantime, you can make sure this doesn't happen again if you change your target site (on the Gixen settings page) to eBay UK (default is eBay US).
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, just checked - already logging that. There is no doubt that the shipping was restricted. The message clearly says

"You are unable to bid on or buy this item because: You are registered in a country to which the seller doesn't ship."

And I found what the problem is - you can see it on your ebay myworld page, http://myworld.ebay.com/<your_username>/, you account was originally registered in France, not UK. It doesn't matter if you changed your address to UK later on - restriction is based on the country at the time of registration. It's stupid, but that's the way it is. You can contact eBay customer support, and maybe they will change that. They sure should.
sarhu123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED Reply with quote

Hi,
I just experienced the same "AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED" message on Gixen's board with item # 230305388368
This is strange, it's not the first time I used Gixen's great tool on items that weren't available for my country (France) and I never had this issue...
Any clue?
sarhu123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED Reply with quote

Well, I'm just answering myself Laughing Laughing Laughing
Seems that sellers can restrict their sells to the countries they choose and so exclude automatically any other bidder. This must be an option when listing an item for sale.
I found that here:

h**p://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html

Anyway thanks Mario it wasn't Gixen's fault if it didn't match, a bid placed manually would have been rejected too.

Idea
So maybe we should check this by placing a manual bid just to ensure that it is possible from our respective accounts when placing bids to foreign countries???

Very Happy
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: AUCTION RESTRICTED: SHIPPING ADDRESS COUNTRY RESTRICTED Reply with quote

sarhu123 wrote:
So maybe we should check this by placing a manual bid just to ensure that it is possible from our respective accounts when placing bids to foreign countries???

If in doubt - I think that's a good idea - to place a small bid to check if it will go through, and then schedule a snipe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.