Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Special Character Passwords Do Not Work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
totuck74

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Special Character Passwords Do Not Work Reply with quote

My eBay password contained special characters (" % *) and I could not log in with Gixen until I changed my password to something without special characters. Weak!
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you email Mario directly you could help support gixen by helping him to improve this aspect, he has a method whereby you can submit a password securely to him, then you could help test any changes he is able to make.

If you are prepared to do that then your pointing it out is helpful.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do admit that this is something that should eventually be fixed. The reason I am avoiding it at this point is because such changes affect all the customers, and it's a really touchy piece of code. Further complication is that all changes must be synchronized in front-end code, back-end code, and the database. Not all the special characters are an issue, but $ and % definitely are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.