Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

What happen if...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zegilou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: What happen if... Reply with quote

Very Happy hello again.

Just a question what happen if two people using gixen have the same object to buy and the same bid?

how the program react in that case ? does he alert the second person that bid? is it the first who win?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case gixen would attempt to place both bids, if one had a larger offset set than the other then it would win under the eBay rule that earlier bids of the same amount win the auction. The second bid might get a 'Bid Under Asking Price' status if the first raised the auction price sufficiently.

If both have the same offset it is random which one will win most likely based in milliseconds of network latency between the bids being placed.

Neither bidder will receive any notice that this is going to happen before the auction close.

All that said, its extremely unlikely, I would be surprised if it has ever happened.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to satisfy my curiosity. Of course i understand it's unlikely to
happen Wink

Anyway, thank you for your responding. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.