Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

what "bid" should I write please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cousipic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: what "bid" should I write please Reply with quote

If it is my maximum will gixen automatically put a figure higher than the previous bid or directly my maximum? its urgent... thanks
Nicole
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should always specify your maximum bid on Gixen.

Gixen will place that bid at the end of the auction, however that doesn't mean that you will definitely pay that much if you win, on eBay the final price that you pay depends on the second highest accepted bid plus up to one bid increment, that is how eBay works, Gixen doesn't have to work out a lower bid amount than you have specified.

You should always be prepared to pay the amount that you specify as a bid though because if the second highest bid is within one increment of yours then you will pay your maximum.
cousipic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and many thanks, this is what I finally did... but I lost !
rickyk4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cousipic wrote:
Hi and many thanks, this is what I finally did... but I lost !

That of course may still happen, especially if your maximum bid is not very much higher than the last bunch of bids already placed. There is always a chance that the last highest bidder has maximum bid already placed that is higher than yours (in which case you are then responsible for making him pay a higher price on his bid). It's also possible that you were outsniped by someone else that is sniping. Very Happy
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.