Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

group and quantity interaction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mellowyellow2000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: group and quantity interaction Reply with quote

I want to buy 2 of an item. There are four auctions for the item, each with a quantity of 1. I create four bids, in a group. I want to keep bidding in however many auctions it takes until I've bought two. Can I achieve this result by setting the quantity column for each auction to 2?

THANKS
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been discussed as a 'Suggestion' before, here is a link to the discussion:

http://www.gixen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1451

The quantity on Gixen only ever relates to the auction for which that snipe is scheduled. Setting it to a value other than 1 only ever has an affect if that auction is for multiple items.

So, in summary, it is not possible to set this up so that no further interaction with Gixen is required.

Personally, I would set up a group with all the items in, then once one was won (and so the rest cancelled) I would come back and edit the cancelled items to reassign them to a group and activate them once more. Not ideal as you might miss some auctions if you are not able to come back to Gixen after winning the first of your items.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. thanks.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course another option, but much more risky, if there is enough time between the auctions is not to group them at all, then once you have won the required number come back and cancel the remaining snipes.

It is risky, and I dont recommend it, any bid placed on eBay is a commitment to pay up to that amount (plus the shipping cost) if you win the auction.

However one of the many advantages of Gixen is that you are able to cancel that commitment at any stage up to about 3 minutes before the auction finishes.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.