Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid not high enough?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drummerboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Bid not high enough? Reply with quote

Hey all, I realize this is not about Gixen, but you are all so nice, so...

I have gotten a message from ebay about 10 times in recent months. It is something like, "You bid is not high enough" or something more official sounding. To give a little context, the last time it happened I was "hand-sniping" with about 7 seconds left, with a current visible bid of $3.50. My bid was for $21.07, which is clearly incrementally larger. The item in question sold for $5.50, and I was NOT pleased.

Any idea what happened and why?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the current auction price and bid amounts that you state, the only reason that I can think that eBay is not accepting your bids is that they are arriving at the eBay servers too late.

Why are you manually sniping when you know about Gixen?

It might help if you provided some auction numbers, bid amounts that you tried to place and at what time you tried to place those bids. Taking careful note of the message that you get from eBay is also important as there are many different reasons why bids might not be accepted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.