Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Confuzzled by the bid groups - how do they work please??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smalldognostreetcred

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Confuzzled by the bid groups - how do they work please?? Reply with quote

Please can someone explain the 'bid group' bit to me - I just put my snipes in the default setting but do wonder about the group 1-group 2- settings etc. The fact that I can snipe at all still surprises me so....!! Confused
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normal groups are used if you find many auctions for the item that you are interested in buying, but you only wish to win one of them.

Once you group the same items together into the same group, Gixen will place your maximum bid for each as they come to an end, but once it wins one it will cancel all the rest of the snipes in the same group, so you dont run the risk of winning any more.

Take care not to group auctions that are ending very close together though (a few minutes is certainly enough though) as the cancelation process is not instant, so if they finish at almost the same time there would be a risk that you might win both.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.