Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Buying 1 camera on multiple auctions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jplster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Buying 1 camera on multiple auctions Reply with quote

I am a newbie to both Gixen and ebay. I would like to buy a camcorder for my vacation. Of course, I would like it at the lowest price. In the next week there will be 5 auctions of the specific camera that I want.
Of course, I only want 1 camera. How do i go about setting this up in Given? I want to snipe all the cameras but as soon as I get one I want to cancel the snipes.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what Group bidding is for, just place all the snipes in the same Group, once Gixen wins one of them the rest of the snipes will be automatically canceled.
fred

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying 1 camera on multiple auctions Reply with quote

jplster wrote:
I want to snipe all the cameras but as soon as I get one I want to cancel the snipes.

You have come to the right place! It is very simple to set up. Just select the same group for each item. Then if/when one wins, all the other bids in Gixen will be canceled.

There are a couple of entries on the FAQ page about this. gixen.com/faq.php

Also, since you are new and this is a high priced item, there are a couple more things you should know. If it is really important to you to win one of the camera's, Gixen has a unique service for $6 per year. They will enter your bids from two different servers in different locations. So on the very rare occasion that one doesn't work the other will.

Make sure not to underbid. Pick your fair price. Snipping won't help you if someone outbids you. Do some research on ebay, there is a way to search completed auctions. That way you can see what the market is like.
That is not to say that Gixen won't help you get a lower price. You are here so you have probably read about the benefits of sniping somewhere. It can really make a difference.

Also, very important. Make sure you pay attention to Gixen when you log in, if it warns you that your ebay password is weak, ebay may keep Gixen from submitting your bid.

A few more details are covered on Gixen's faq. It is worth checking out.
gixen.com/faq.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.