Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Cookies Disabled alert when refreshing Firefox.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jawarrior

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Cookies Disabled alert when refreshing Firefox. Reply with quote

Whenever I try to reload the bidding page to see the correct clock time for my auctions an alert tells me I have cookies disabled in my browser. So, I logout and then login to accomplish the reload. My cookies are NOT disabled - I have verified that. Anyone have any ideas??
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In some (rare, but existent) cases, IE is making problems. I was unable to replicate the problem or explain why it happens. Please install Mozilla Firefox if possible - so far no one has had this problem with Firefox.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario,

Judging by the title they already are using Firefox.

I've recently moved to Windows Vista (from XP), thats not really caused me any real problems in this respect. However, as I mentioned elsewhere, the CookiePie Add In to Firefox doesnt cope well (that is not unusual, I have other websites that it doesnt cope with either)... but these problems seem to be more prevelent in Vista so I always have to disable it before logging into Gixen now.

jawarrior,

For further clarification are you already using Firefox as I surmise?... If so do you also have any Add Ins that might effect this issue, as I have?... What operating sytem are you running on Windows XP, or later or earlier?... and just for completeness what type of internet access, dial up cable, or something else?

Last edited by Cupid on Sat May 23, 2009 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, just see that now. This is the first case I hear about that Firefox makes problems with cookies. I wish I could see for myself that browser, I am quite clueless as to what causes this.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.