Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Could not add this item

View previous topic :: View next topic  
collyg32

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Could not add this item Reply with quote

I am getting "Could not add this item (200273596479)." error message in red. This has happened last couple of days whatever item I try and add.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This item # does not exist. Did you mis-type it?
collyg32

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Could not add this item Reply with quote

mario wrote:
This item # does not exist. Did you mis-type it?

Possibly misquoted in the posting. I always cut and paste from ebay into Gixen.

Doesn't make any difference what item number I add. I am still getting same. For example "Could not add this item (200349392169)." This has been preventing use of gixen for last 2 days.

This current item 200349392169 is from ebay.co.uk
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just added that item with no issues, using the same settings as in your account. Are you sure you are not entering extra characters (e.g. currency symbol or other?)
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject:

collyg32

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: "Could not add this item" Reply with quote

mario wrote:
I just added that item with no issues, using the same settings as in your account. Are you sure you are not entering extra characters (e.g. currency symbol or other?)

Yes very sure. Have used my Gixen account with no problems for many months, now been trying to access without success for 2 days, getting "Could not add this item" every time. I have tried with 2 (Mac) web browsers Safari and Firefox, same result.
Graham
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the problem collyg32. It was related to the recent changes and some special characters in your password. Please try again now, it should work.
collyg32

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Could not add this item Reply with quote

mario wrote:
I found the problem collyg32. It was related to the recent changes and some special characters in your password. Please try again now, it should work.

Thanks Mario
I can now enter the item number, but there is a different problem - current items are shown as "ended" and no bid will be entered.

Perhaps I could amend my log in password - is there a particular problematic character?
Graham
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably the easiest solution in absence of me solving this problem one day - I would avoid $, <, >.
collyg32

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Could not add this item Reply with quote

mario wrote:
That's probably the easiest solution in absence of me solving this problem one day - I would avoid $, <, >.

I have now changed my password. I use a long secure password avoiding those symbols. Gixen now working smoothly again.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.