Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Security Error: Untrusted server certificate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin.Pye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Security Error: Untrusted server certificate Reply with quote

That's the message I get when I try to sign in to Gixen from my Nokia 6275i, using the stock browser. I have yet to try it Opera Mini, but think it would be really neat to be able to be Gixen'en from the parking lot without a WIFI connection in sight.

My cell provider said, "Hey, have all the Net you want on your phone, until your next contract or hardware upgrade", so I've been having lots of fun on the mobile net, and this is the first glitch I've found.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen is using a Godaddy SSL certificate that works with all common browsers (I tested IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari). My guess is that Nokia 6275i browser does not support all the certificates... Opera should work fine though.
nochkin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, most mobile phones has a very limited support for CA (Certificate Authority, who issues SSL certificates).
That's usually includes a support for Verisign, Thawte and... that's it.
My Verizon phone also supports Verizon (duh!).

If a company wants support for mobile phones, they buy Verisign certificates, but these are usually much more expensive than GoDaddy so big companies usually can afford it only.

I hope this situation will change some day... Many Smartphones don't have this issue already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.