Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Sorry, another outbid query.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangioola

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Sorry, another outbid query. Reply with quote

[color=indigo]The auction ID was 220455968928

Sorry, another question about being outbid. I've just started using Gixen, and I find it to be a great tool. My situation: I lost an auction, but the winner submitted the same bid, about 8 seconds earlier than me, and won the auction? I thought this a bit strange since he won the auction with what was my maximum bid and my bid came in later? Can someone shed some light so I know what to change for future auctions? Might it have anything to do with the server being in the US and I am in Aus?

Cheers

confused
[/color]
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the winning bid was placed some 8 minutes before yours.

In the event of a tie, eBay awards the auction to the earlier bid, had you bid 1p more you would have won, this is why bidders often bid in odd amounts, say 10.01 instead of 10.00.

Nothing to do with server locations, just how eBay works, they accept bids, that meet the bidding criteria at the time they are submitted, at any time, the highest accepted bid wins at the end of the auction, in the event of a tie (as in this case) the earlier bid wins.
mangioola

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Sorry, another outbid query. Reply with quote

Thank you Mark. I will keep the 1c tip in mind when bidding on my next auction. Yes I see it was 8 mins and not 8 secs. Oops.

Cheers

Manii
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.