Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

My bid above "buy it now" price

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gixer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: My bid above "buy it now" price Reply with quote

I am unhappy I lost a win because the bid amount that I had on gixen was higher than the "buy it now price" which I had not noticed (or can the seller add a "buy it now" at a later time?). Is this because ebay does not let that higher bid or gixen did not place the bid? The gixen status is "BID ABOVE BUY IT NOW PRICE".
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay does not allow such bids, so there was no way Gixen could bid that amount for you.

I would recommend that you just buy it for the BIN price in future.
gixer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there was a BIN price when I first saw it. Is it possible that a seller can set a BIN price at a later point?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gixer wrote:
I don't think there was a BIN price when I first saw it. Is it possible that a seller can set a BIN price at a later point?

I'm not sure, I think it is possible to add one if no bids have been placed... but I'm not certain, I haven't sold on eBay for quite a few years and when I did I never set a BIN price.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject:

ALWAYSSNIPING

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: CAN A SELLER ON EBAY CHANGE THE LISTING TO BUY IT NOW Reply with quote

Surprised Yes you can change your listing to buy it now if no bids are placed. Gixen then can't bid for you Laughing
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that is what happened, then I guess the best thing to do is ask the seller to relist it with the BIN, and then buy it when they do.
MusicalMan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I'm understanding correctly, Gixen will NOT work on any "But-It-Now" items, even if the correct BIN price (and not a higher amount) is entered? There are times that I'd like to schedule to purchase a BIN item on the last day it is available (to get past my credit card cutoff date, for example).

It would be nice to be able to do this, but suppose Gixen would have trouble if, for example, the seller was offering multiple items option on a BIN or had the "immediate payment by PayPal" requirement.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything you wrote is correct, Gixen does not support BIN items at all. Also correct is the conclusion that while BIN are possible to implement (really needed? maybe, still not sure about that), items that require immediate payment would not be possible to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.