Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Feedback about apps from new user perspective

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rafurus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject: Feedback about apps from new user perspective Reply with quote

Hi!

I am an "almost" fresh user of Gixen and I have my thoughts on the functionality of the app and how it works.
I want to share them because I am a bit frustrated with how the app currently works compared to modern apps that are currently on the market.
I understand that gixen was created years ago which means that technologically it is backwards, while the user experience should be the strong point of any app.

1. time to load listings in a mobile application
Having 100 or 200 listings, the waiting time to load listings in the app is 10-20 seconds.
After closing the app and restarting, the app reloads the exact same amount of time.
It seems as if the app does not have any cache.

2. application response time when editing bids
Regardless of whether you use the web version or the app, the response time of the app is very extended.
In the case of the web version it is 3-5 seconds and in the case of the mobile app it is even 10 seconds because the bids edit is submitted.
Having 10 or 20 items to edit (especially on the mobile version) where there is no option to edit multiple items at once is a very time-consuming task.
I don't understand why the app has to reload (which took 3-5 seconds) when clicking edit and then when saving.
Such interactions should happen almost instantly.

3. lack of a scroll bar in the mobile app.
With 100 or 200 listings when I need to find a particular item I have to scroll through the entire list because there is no slider bar that would allow me to go to a particular place.
Knowing more or less where an item is on the listing I could go to that location very quickly.

4 Editing bids vs. loading the listing in the mobile app
After editing the bids of an item, two things happen that significantly increase the app's usage time:
a) the listing is not cached by which it has to load again
b) the screen does NOT scroll to where it was before the item was edited. This means that we are at the top again and you have to scroll through the entire list..

5. no option for bulk price editing in the mobile app and web version
I don't see an option to bulk edit item prices in either the mobile app or the web version.

6. export CSV file
The web version has an export CSV file - great!
However, the export file does not contain a header row.
As far as I learned that the auction ID is first, then the bid, I do not know what the third item means.

7 No filters in the app
Both web and mobile versions do not have options to filter items by status or name.
Dynamic filters (without reloading) by bid/current bid e.g. outbid, by time e.g. under/over 1h, 10h, or by name or contains would have been useful.
Combining this with the option of mass dedication would allow to react as quickly as possible and specifically edit bid groups.

8. too small images on the web version
Images on the mobile app are large and clearly visible.
However, on the web version the images are super small - 50x50 pixels which makes it impossible for detailed images to distinguish specific items.
Images here should definitely be larger.

9. no option for the default height of the bids (my bids) when downloading the watchlist
This is an idea for a new option.
In my case where I operate only on one specific assortment, I always set a base bid for each auction.
An option to automatically set the bids for all items on download would be a huge convenience (or action set the bid to X for all that don't currently have a bid).

To summarize
The higher the number of items, the more annoying is the slow speed of the application, poor ability to edit in bulk (only csv), no filtering.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first reaction to your post was that maybe I shouldn't have made an app at all, as then you would have only one complaint, not 9.

Your remarks are all valid, however, and it's true that the app is not optimized for many listings (100-200), as you noticed. I will look into this. Please email me so that I have your contact - maybe you can test it once improvements are made.

I can't commit to any deadline, however.
rafurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry this post sounds like this.
Rather, I meant to indicate my thoughts and point out possible options for development.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rafurus,

Sorry for not including a smiley to my first sentence, it was a joke... of course you are right about all the needed improvements. Not sure that all of them will be implemented any time soon, but some will - I will work on it.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.