Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

First Gixen Android App, made by Karl Hudgell

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: First Gixen Android App, made by Karl Hudgell Reply with quote

This android app has been discontinued.

---
Karl Hudgell informed me that he made the first Android App for Gixen (using Gixen XML API).

I tested it, and while it is clearly a first release with space for improvements (e.g. no watchlist import, display of items text only), I was delighted to see the first smartphone app for Gixen that actually works. Thank you Karl.

The app is available here: <Link removed>

Before purchasing the app note that you will need Gixen mirror subscription, or it will not work. The app uses Gixen API that requires mirror subscription. Keep in mind that this is a third-party app, and that all proceeds from the app purchases go to Karl. I will do my best to help if there are any issues, but I may not be able to help with all the support requests. I trust that Karl will be there to answer app-specific questions.

From what Karl told me, the price is around $1, and buyers are entitled to all the future updates. Please support his effort if you can.

Last edited by mario on Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Karl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

Thanks for posting this here for people to find out about the application..

Like Mario said, this is the first release, and has quite good functionality for that, though I do have more features planned for the future..

The price of the app is GBP 0.69p, and as stated all future updates are included.

If your download it, I hope you like it.

Karl
Karl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Please be aware that the app is still early in creation and that many changes and improvements are planned, so make this a must have for android-gixen users.

Thanks

Karl
Karloss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Just an update.

I have just released an update for the app that fixes all the issues commented in the review, it is now possible, quick and easy to edit and delete a snipe on your snipe list, as well as add a new snipe from your ebay watch list (like Gixen main site).

So now all you need to do is have the item you want to add a snipe to, in your eBay watch list and you can easily add a new snipe to it.

Delete screen is now auto populated via your currently listed snipes, instead of having to enter manually (still possible).

The app is now much faster and easier than using the mobile web interface (as good as it is) on your android powered device, so head to the play store and check it out.

Thanks

Gixen4Droid
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Karl.
EdoNork

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Gixen4Droid problem Reply with quote

Hi:

After adding some items from my watch list with the app, they show in gixen.com, but Gixen4Droid gives an error when trying "List Snipes": "Bad argumens to select list item. The operation select list item cannot accept the arguments: *nothing* 1

Any clue to solve this?

Thank you.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you email the app author, Karl? This seems like a problem on his end.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No answer from Karl.
mochooha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: cannot login Reply with quote

mario,

been using gixen for several years.
purchased the iphone app and it worked well with ebay.de (I know it's another app author, not karl)

Purchased Gixen4Droid and it doesn't work at all - I can't even so much as log-in. Of course I can use the same account on ebay.de and gixen.com, no problem there. Only the app is not working. I still have the iphone but loooaned (forum 'spam' word on correct spelling) it out, besides which that is another app author.

So my review is it doesn't work at all! Avoid avoid avoid!!!!!!!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mochooha, what do you see when you try to log in? I will forward the information to Karl.
mochooha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: reply to mario's question Reply with quote

mario: Just 'Incorrect username or password' in red directly beneath the login box. Nothing special.

iPhone App: works with the same username password combination, so does gixen.com directly and so of course does ebay.de.

Gixen4Droid: Does NOT work. Maybe it works with ebay.com; you may need to work with the app developer to internationalize the app [whatever that is, assuming the API isn't somehow international already].. With a name like Karl Hudgell I assumed the guy was raised locally, and therefore designed the the app to work with ebay.de no problem. Whoops! Probably an american Razz
f00l

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: android app useless Reply with quote

Android app is worthless. Would give it 1 star if I were willing to join google plus, but I am not.

I can login. I can begin to add a snipe, am able to enter the item and top amount willing to bid. No way to then finish creating the snipe. No button to push next.

There is a button way off to the right of the screen that does not work. That is prob the button I want, but only a sliver of it shows on screen either portrait or landscape. Trying to hit the tiny part that is visible does nothing. Samsung s3 and note 2.

If I had not been interrupted during testing I would hace gotten a refund.
cdobis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: The Android App? Reply with quote

So, what is the latest news on the app? Is Karl still on the case, making all kinds of improvements? Maybe I should just stay away from it for a while yet? I think it's a great idea and would be very handy to have.
I never learned coding for Android so I won't be able to volunteer to help with the app.
Anyway, Karl, if you are still out there, I give you credit. Sometimes these things can give you fits. If you could get a second set of eyes to look at it for you, it might be a real obvious fix that he/she could recommend.
Thanks,
Craig
GixenUser

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, mario, make a favor yourself deleting this app banner from Gixen front page.
The app doesn't work, and the autor doesn't answer o customers.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Karl, let's see what he says.
EdoNork

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He says nothing.
I would deleted de app reference from the web if I were you. But I'm not, of course.
spaceweasel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Add New Item Reply with quote

Having some difficulty with the Android app, in 4.3-4.4. The button on the lower right, to add a new item (after everything is entered) is not formatted correctly on my screens (Nexus 7 2nd gen, Samsung Galaxy S III, ASUS TF700t). The button is off the screen, to the right, and just the left side is visible (not functional). This is most pronounced when the auction id number is manually entered.
munboy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This app appears to be no longer supported by the dev. There have been no updates in the play store since 4/22/2013. Most functions in the app are faulty. It should be removed from the front page of gixen.
Ramona

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just followed the link to this app in the Google PlayStore, and then clicked on the link to the developer's website. This brought me to an 18+ erotic site (I didn't progress any further!)

As the app is > 2 years old, the word "New" on the Gixen front page seems to be a bit outdated ... and as the app no longer seems to be supported (and, according to the feedback in the PlayStore, doesn't work very well), perhaps the decision to link to it from the Gixen web site should be reviewed?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramona, you are right. I am removing that link immediately from the home page.

Until there is a new app, android users can use the mobile site gixen.com/mobile
chaturvedi98765

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS
alandmar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there still interest in someone making an android application? I'm a software engineer of about 15 years, I've done some Android development in that time. I used Gixen several years ago and was thoroughly impressed. It seems like it is still the best sniper out there.
alandmar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind trying my hand at the Android app. However, I would certainly like it to be fully sanctioned by Gixen etc. Let me know if there is any mutual interest
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alandmar,

Please contact Mario direct, via email at the support address given on the Contact tab above.
bedelaitre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is someone working on Android App ? Is it possible to have the sources to try to update existing app ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in development - I expect it will be released within a month. iPhone app will follow some time after that. Note that the app from this thread, developed by Karl Hudgell, is no longer functional. Also - I do not have the source code of it, it was entirely a third-party app, owned by Karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: