Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

"Best Offer" Sniping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vectrexer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: "Best Offer" Sniping Reply with quote

I have a suggestion for presenting another form of sniping as a "Best Offer"

Sometimes there is an item you would like to bid on that has a base bid price that is too high. But at the same time the item may also have an "Best Offer" allowed to be sent.

I would like to see an optional field for each bid snipe that would allow the ability to send a "Best Offer" for the item at a preset time.

The actual time of the Best Offer should be from three different possibilities.
    The ability to have a Gixen account level default for sending in a "Best Offer" at X minutes before the end of the listing. The purpose is to send a best offer before the end of the listing so that even when the listing ends with no bids, the seller can still see a last minute best offer came in to review and possibly accept. Either via the listing, or via follow up message.

The ability to define a specific time to send the "Best Offer" on a per-item basis. This would allow a scheduled best offer to be sent at a time before the end, but with the hope it is enough time for the seller to consider the offer prior to the listing end. However, not too close too close to the listing end time in order to allow the seller to sweat just enough in order to consider a reduction in the overall base bid price.

The ability to have a Gixen account level default for sending in a "Best Offer" now, while still holding off the regular bid price to occur as a standard snipe. The purpose being to have Gixen be used as the interface to see both the snipe price, and the best offer price, in one interface.

In all cases above the snipe price and the "Best Offer" should be two independent prices.

The best offer fields should always be considered as optional in order to keep from blocking Gixen standard snipe bids as the primary feature for regular use.
imdk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have not seen an auction-style item with the best offer option
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.