Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Socks server being blocked?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Socks server being blocked? Reply with quote

been a few hours at least this afternoon, firefox would just report 'unable to connect' for all ebay.com/... pages.

Works fine in my other browsers, and I finally disabled the gixen socks server (have had that on for a few months) and now it can load the pages...
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gixen proxy is only ever intended to be used short term in any case to get you over any issue with Ebay blocking your bidding from the Gixen server and allow you to verify your account against that server.

It is not intended as a long term fix and continued use will inevitably cause issues at some stage as resources are being taken from the Gixen servers while your traffic is directed that way, and hence from the rest of the Gixen community who would, ultimately, be the ones to suffer it the Gixen servers were to become over loaded.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't noticed the performance suffering too much, but I agree, it's best to use it only for as long as necessary.

Rick, if you need to use it longer, please email me. I need to know what ebay.com resolves to on your host so that I can allow outgoing connections to those IPs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.