Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid History now available to mirror subscribers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Bid History now available to mirror subscribers Reply with quote

Sniping history is now made available to all mirror subscribers, for all snipes back to August of 2014.

In addition to status of snipes, archive of the listing can be accessed and seen through www.listingshistory.com (listingshistory requires that you register an account, but it's free of charge at present).

Free users can access their bid history by subscribing to Gixen mirror, back to August of 2014.
fishrman123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't find this posted anywhere, is there anyway to export our bid history into Excel to compare data such as % of bids won and % of maximum bid that it was won at? Thanks!

p.s. If this isn't possible, I'm adding it to the Ideas and Suggestions. Very Happy
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a Mirror subscription you should also now have a 'History' button near the top of the snipes page, after you have logged in here.

The output would appear to be as a text only page on the website.. I suppose you could cut and paste that text and then work with it with your own tools.
theskintman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just noticed this for the first time... Fantastic feature... I need to see an addiction councillor Shocked
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:30 am    Post subject:

MISTIBOXER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theskintman wrote:
I've just noticed this for the first time... Fantastic feature... I need to see an addiction councillor Shocked

glad I am not the only one!!!
BL9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: History Reply with quote

I like the history but it needs to be tweaked to allow sorting of the columns, and or a search feature on the title.
Kaththee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: No History For Me Reply with quote

I had the same bidding service for over 10 years and every time you logged on this big banner would scream "YOU HAVE SAVED OVER !2,000 Dollars" which was the difference between your high bid and your actual winning price. My husband saw the amount and nearly passed out knowing it meant I must have spent at least that amount or more. I even wrote the company and asked them to take down that banner, but they thought it was great way to market themselves. I don't know what I have spent on eBay and I don't want to know. Even the eBay bucks, while fun to spend, are a reminder of how much I have blown on eBay every quarter.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have bought our Christmas meal for the past few years with the Nectar points I get from winning auctions on ebay.co.uk using Gixen.
rickajho6A

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: No History For Me Reply with quote

Kaththee wrote:
I had the same bidding service for over 10 years and every time you logged on this big banner would scream "YOU HAVE SAVED OVER !2,000 Dollars" which was the difference between your high bid and your actual winning price. My husband saw the amount and nearly passed out knowing it meant I must have spent at least that amount or more. I even wrote the company and asked them to take down that banner, but they thought it was great way to market themselves. I don't know what I have spent on eBay and I don't want to know. Even the eBay bucks, while fun to spend, are a reminder of how much I have blown on eBay every quarter.

In the "shopping addiction" circles this sounds like a variation of spaving - SPending in order to sAVe money. Mr. Green
ETPhHm57

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:03 pm    Post subject: Registration Reply with quote

The new account for registration is not working. It says, "please check email for confirmation and follow instructions" But it is not sending emails at all.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETPhHm57, please email me and I will check what is wrong.
midcenturyoriginal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Bid History not available for Mirror subscriber? Reply with quote

What am I doing wrong? I have used Gixen successfully and won a few auctions yet nothing shows up under Bid History? I would like to be able to delete ended auctions but have them show up under Bid history. I AM a mirror subscriber until 2018.

What do I do? Question
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

midcenturyoriginal,

Have you tried pushing the 'History' button after you have logged in here?

If you have, what result do you get? Are there any errors, at all?
dan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could there be an option, after to move bids after xx days to bid history?
they are deleted from the main listing page after 3 days, right?
thats really to short for me..
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Dan,

The extra resources required, to save auctions on the Gixen sniping servers for a longer period, make it unlikely that the time-frame for their retention will be extended, or made a user selectable option.

You may however get further support, from other users, if you were to post your suggestion in the 'Suggestions and Ideas' area... and such extra support, might make it more likely that it would be considered again in future.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Bid History now available to mirror subscribers Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Sniping history is now made available to all mirror subscribers, for all snipes back to August of 2014.

In addition to status of snipes, archive of the listing can be accessed and seen through [urllistingshistory.com[/url] (listingshistory requires that you register an account, but it's free of charge at present).

Free users can access their bid history by subscribing to Gixen mirror, back to August of 2014.

How do I disable or opt out of the "listinghistory.com" tie in? Archiving those items and making them searchable to users of that site will adversely affect my reselling prices as I deal with low volume high value items and count on their sale values not being searchable longer than ebay currently shows.

It's a nice idea in theory but this is bad news for your customers who resell on ebay and don't want the purchase prices disclosed especially when they paid below average using a bid sniping program. It will force the market price down and slow sales because everyone will be expecting to pay the prices I got it for bid sniping it.

Really upset about that info being publish without my consent.
toolafterlife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Misguided listinghistory.com tie in Reply with quote

The listinghistory.com tie in with no ability to opt out as indicated by the email I got from support means I can no longer use Gixen. Creating a searchable database of everything I buy, showing the price I paid for it, will destroy my ability to sell things at a profit.

Anyone searching that database will see only listings that had a bid sniping final sale price and give them an unrealistic expectation for what the item is worth and what it should sell for.

Until I can opt out of this, Gixen is no longer viable to me. It will slowly create a searchable price history that will destroy my profit margin on the items I sell. I will look for a new sniping service and I suggest other resellers do as well.
ToolAfterlife

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concerns were addressed by support for my personal account. A opt-out option would still be desirable but the number of people this would have a negative effect on is very limited.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: