Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

First time using, will update....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dungeon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: First time using, will update.... Reply with quote

Hi all
I've come across something cheap and would be handy to win as I need it! Anyway it at $8 and I've put my max bid at $17.... let's see what happens...the product is worth more but I only want it at a bargin (in my eyes)
There is 1 bid at the moment and about 140 views. I'm interested on thoughts of what people think about 'view amounts'
Would people expect a few bidders with this amount of views? Typically with my auctions i get about 7 - 8 watches for 100 views (normally would expect about 30% to bid)
Interested to hear others thoughts on 'views' and 'watches' and if they think they could predict the amount of individual bidders.
Dugeon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: BTW its my first time using a sniper! Reply with quote

BTW its my first time using a sniper!
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Re: First time using, will update.... Reply with quote

Dungeon wrote:
There is 1 bid at the moment and about 140 views. I'm interested on thoughts of what people think about 'view amounts'
Would people expect a few bidders with this amount of views? Typically with my auctions i get about 7 - 8 watches for 100 views (normally would expect about 30% to bid)
Interested to hear others thoughts on 'views' and 'watches' and if they think they could predict the amount of individual bidders.

Certainly its interesting and sometimes useful to take into account the number of views when considering value. That number of views would certainly indicate a good interest and I would expect up to 10% of the watchers to then consider sniping as well. Its very variable how many bids will be made based on views or watches as it depends more on the number of early bids, the rate at which the price rises and the price it reaches with 24 hours to go before the auction ends.

From my experience though your analysis of the ratio of number of views to number of watchers to number of bids is a fair estimate.

Personally I find that the more research you are prepared to do on finding other similar items at a fixed price (perhaps even on other etrading sites) the better you can estimate the true value of the item, and once you have a good idea of value a good deal is one where you pick it up for about 50% of that amount.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.