Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

?can't see snipe I set up?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fotyc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: ?can't see snipe I set up? Reply with quote

New user here, sorry if this is a really dumb question - but I entered a snipe on something that's going up tonight around midnight, and it doesn't display anywhere on the screen that I have a pending snipe. Is this right? How do I know my snipe has been recorded? I don't snipe often but when I do I want to be sure I know what I'm doing. If I click the Edit button it opens up the fields to create a snipe again, but doesn't show me what, if anything, it already has on file for me. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you...
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an 'Edit' button on the web page then you have scheduled a snipe.

I'm assuming we are talking about the web interface, that you get to by logging in here ?

The way you schedule new snipes is by entering the details (auction number and your maximum bid), and then pushing the 'Add' button. Is that what you did ? If not please explain how, and where, you are entering your snipe.

After logging in here, the line with the 'Edit' button on represents your snipe, the amount in the 'Bid' column is the value of the snipe bid that will be entered a few seconds before the auction is due to end. The status for a pending snipe on Gixen is 'SCHEDULED', if it is ending later this evening that is what you should be seeing in the 'Status' column.

I'm not sure what else you are expecting to see ?
fotyc

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the web interface...
I read a few threads on here and decided what would help is deleting the eBay items I imported, then from a blank screen entering a snipe by using the item number.
That worked. The item now shows on my screen with a snipe bid on it in the "Bid" column.
Before, the imported items were listed but I could not see any sign of my snipe bid so I could not be sure that my snipe was recorded. They all said status "SCHEDULED" even though I had only put a snipe on one.
So I agree with those who advise you not to import your eBay items.
Thanks.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I see, yes, I don't import items myself.

That's not to say you shouldn't use it, these days it's not an issue to do so.

However, obviously, when importing Gixen has no idea how much you are prepared to pay for things... So you do then have to go through each item in turn and set the snipe amount, if you don't do that they will all be below the auction price and thus effectively inactive even though they are scheduled.

After pushing the 'Edit' button, the field you need to update is, by default, at the bottom of the page.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.