Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid under asking price

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brogitzu_6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Bid under asking price Reply with quote

Hi,
was the first time i use gixen to try to win an auction.
the item number was: 152048839325
Two days befor end i make my bid for 260 euros
until the last second the major bid was 152,50
at the end win another user with 156.50
not even show my bid in ebay.
Gixen tell me that the problem was "Bid under asking price"
can anyone tell me why?
maybe because was only 3,5 euro more?
just to now where was my fault and not repeat the same mistake two times...
Thanks!
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is due to the 'Bid increment rule' ... which dictates that, to be accepted by Ebay, your bid must be at least one bid increment more than the current auction price.

In this range the bid increment, on the Spanish Ebay site where this was listed, is 5 Euro:

http://pages.ebay.es/help/buy/bid-increments.html

So in order for your bid to have been accepted it would have needed to be Euro 261.50 or more.

So 'Bid Under Asking Price' is the correct status, because your bid was too low to be accepted.
Alvar007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
This is due to the 'Bid increment rule' ... which dictates that, to be accepted by Ebay, your bid must be at least one bid increment more than the current auction price.

In this range the bid increment, on the Spanish Ebay site where this was listed, is 5 Euro:

htt://pages.ebay.es/help/buy/bid-increments.html

So in order for your bid to have been accepted it would have needed to be Euro 261.50 or more.

So 'Bid Under Asking Price' is the correct status, because your bid was too low to be accepted.

Hello, sorry to revive an old thread. If this is not allowed please let me know.
I just wanted you to explain me this, because to me it makes no sense. First off, the current auction price for that user was 152,50 euros so the bid increment should be 2,50 not 5. Secondly, he put a maximum bid much higher than the current price, so if a third person also had a bid higher than 152,50 it should go incrementing 2,5 euros until it reaches that third person's maximum bid or his bid, in which case would be +260 but no way he lost with 156,50 being the final price unless someone did that bid in the last second and gixen didn't have time to react which seems unlikely. So can you please explain this?
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are misreading the original post, admittedly the OP wrote the wrong numbers too, which confuses things further, and I had the advantage of seeing the listing before it was deleted.

The price of the auction was 256.50 at the point Gixen was to place the bid, not 252.50, that was the price before the last bid was accepted and before Gixen was due to bid, or perhaps even 152.50 as the OP wrote.

The OP did point out that their snipe bid was 'was only 3,5 euro more'.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

Alvar007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
You are misreading the original post, admittedly the OP wrote the wrong numbers too, which confuses things further, and I had the advantage of seeing the listing before it was deleted.

The price of the auction was 256.50 at the point Gixen was to place the bid, not 252.50, that was the price before the last bid was accepted and before Gixen was due to bid, or perhaps even 152.50 as the OP wrote.

The OP did point out that their snipe bid was 'was only 3,5 euro more'.

Well now that explains it. I was going crazy with this. Thank you for explaining.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.