Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen Desktop Manager shows old high bids, not current bids

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joseph

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Gixen Desktop Manager shows old high bids, not current bids Reply with quote

If I click on Refresh Gixen Status, the items in my list will update to the latest high bids. A few minutes later, though, the high bids will display smaller numbers, as if they're reverting to what the bids were several hours earlier.

I don't have this problem with the Gixen web site app, only the Desktop Manager. I'm running Desktop Manager version 2.0.2. Has anyone else seen this problem?
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me this seems the wrong way round... I could understand if pressing the 'Refresh Gixen Status' resulted in the prices going backwards since that is a request to update from what the Gixen server knows, which may well be older information than the GDM is getting directly from Ebay, using your own direct link and thus your own computers resources.

So, I wonder if this is actually a timing issue, in that the refresh from the Gixen server is taking longer than you think it is, and actually when the prices go back down that is the point that the Gixen refresh is getting actioned.

Basically, if your aim is to get prices updated by pushing that button then you are never going to be content with the result.. the aim of that button is to help update the Status field not the price field, and it's an unintended consequence that that fields also gets updated with the value that the Gixen servers currently hold.

Perhaps the GDM should be modified so as only ever to get the pricing information from the Gixen server when it first starts up, and after that only to retrieve and update the status information when the 'Refresh Gixen Status' button is pressed.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand it correctly the Refresh Gixen Status option is only looking at the gixen server to check the status of your snipes. When it does that it's only grabbing the last eBay bid price it had at that time on the gixen serve r- which isn't necessarily the recent eBay high bid amount. The gixen server doesn't track current eBay bids in real time. Mario has said more than once that real time bid tracking via gixen servers would overwhelm the entire process.

What results do you get if you change the GDT Settings > Price refresh interval: to a more frequent option? Remember - that GDT option is using your own computer to get the current bid info directly from eBay - it's not going through the gixen server at all. (At least that's the way it used to function.)

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.