Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Listing Modification Notice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheSeeker

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Listing Modification Notice Reply with quote

I have never sold anything on eBay so I do not know exactly how listing modifications work. However, I have seen some instances where I can review edits that were made to the listing since it was originally posted.

Would it be possible to put a setting into Gixen that the existing users would have to opt in that will send a notice that would summarize the listing modification when a listing has been modified? As part of this, I would really like a kill switch that would cancel the snipe if a listing is modified within the last X number minutes of the auction. That should probably be configurable based on the user's preference.

For example, if at the beginning of the 6 day listing when the snipe is loaded the listing is identified as "Brand New", but in the last 4 hours it is changed to "Acceptable". I would not want to bid on this, but if the change happens between 12:00 AM and 4:00 AM I would not have a feasible way to stop Gixen from placing the bid.

I have not been materially bitten by this yet. However, I see a problem since the Gixen snipes are possibly loaded 6 days in advance, but eBay is not aware of these bids till the final seconds. Thus, any notification that is perhaps built into eBay platform to alert of a change or lock the seller out of making listing modifications post first bid in the listing will be of no help to the Gixen users.

I really like Gixen and think this is a feature that would definitely benefit all who use this service.

Thank you and keep up the GREAT JOB!!!
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is possible for a seller to make any material changes once a bid (at or above the reserve price) is accepted on an auction.

I don't think they can change anything in the last 12 hours either.

This article is useful in clarifying the options available to sellers.

Of course that doesn't negate all the reasons for your request, it just limits the circumstances under which implementation of it might help.

I think understanding the options available to sellers also helps to limit some of the concerns that might otherwise be raised about the possibilities of this happening, for everyone reading this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.