Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Trying to win an auction, got a question....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryvandal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Trying to win an auction, got a question.... Reply with quote

Trying to win something big, with around 60 watchers. I want to make sure I win this but I have a question... if I set my bid to 1000 dollars, will it actually BID 1000? Or will it big just higher then the highest bid?

Its hard to explain, but lets say its at 500 dollars right now, and last second GIXEN comes in... would it go to 505 to win? Or would it just go straight to 1000?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you really need to understand first is how Ebay works, not Gixen:

When you bid more than someone else Ebay only asks you to pay at most one bid increment more than they were prepared to pay.

So, yes, Gixen submits the bid that you specify at the time you set with your offset... however the final auction price depends on what other bids are accepted before the auction ends.

My advice, is to set your snipe bid at the maximum that you are happy to pay, any more and you would consider that the higher bidder has over paid for the item.

Consider, for instance, if someone else set their maximum at 990 because they thought no one else would bid anywhere near 1000... would you be happy to pay the 1000 that you have specified you are prepared to pay, if necessary ?

Last edited by Cupid on Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
iown

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject: Good point Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:

Consider, for instance, if someone else set their maximum at 990 because they thought no one else would bid anywhere near 1000... would you be happy to pay the 1000 that you have specified you are prepared to pay, if necessary ?

That's a very good point...never thought of it that way....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.